Re: oldtimers (was: Re: Dungeons & Magtapes)

   Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 09:22:33 -0400
   From: Alan Flippen <flippen@nytimes.com>

   I hope you haven't gotten the impression that this is a list for the '79-80
   crowd only. Yes, we were the ones who set it up, but with the hope that ALL
   Deltoids would participate.

I have really enjoyed reading all of the history and recollections.  I
am in the process of writing up my Delta history and will send it in.

I won't be able to make the reunion (I will be calling a weekend of
square dances in Manchester, NH).  I have stopped in at the U. of
D. and said high to Ron and Dan every few years.  I still remember
Teresa's phone number and used to keep in touch when home on vacation.

One thing I am struck by is how different the "after Teresa" crew
seems to be.  Without going back through the archives, some things
which stick in my mind from the later group are spiders and flys,
elevator hacking, lots of drinking, and lots of controling who can
have access to the computer, who gets a privileged account, and being
assigned work to do and not doing it because you weren't paid.
Perhaps these are the things which are remembered as time passes, and
all the hard work and real accomplishments are forgotten.

It does seem that everyone who came in contact with Delta gained
knowledge which has proved useful down life's road.

Clark Baker
Belmont, MA
Delta: 1971-1974