Re: Remember Eliza?

On Mon, 11 May 1998 09:34:18 -0600 Rich Thomson <rthomson@ptc.com>
writes:
>Of course Eliza is alive and well buried inside emacs (M-x doctor).
>What's really fun is to see Eliza attempt to psychoanalyze Zippy the
>pinhead.  (M-x psychoanalyze-pinhead)
>
>Around this time (1978?) there were several books published that
>included various small game programs written in BASIC.  I had a couple
>of these books and I think one of them included the source to ELIZA,
>among others.  (It didn't include ADVENT, which was too long -- most
>of
>these programs were 1-5 pages in length.)
>--
>                                               Rich Thomson
>                                               rthomson@ptc.com

I'm sure I have some BASIC programming books downstairs that include
source code for ELIZA.  Won't vouch for their condition, though.  (My cat
Honey likes to use bottom shelf books as a scratching post - he prefers
that to the carpeted one I paid good money for.)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]