RE: Beehives...

Joe Augenbraun <jaugenbraun@wgate.com> writes:
> BTW, I still have several Beehive terminals that I just haven't been
> able to get myself to throw out.  Along with all of the technical
> documentation on them.  Good thing I gave back the DecWriter when I
> left Delta.

Good thing you have the docs on those Beehives... I seem to remember them
being a temperamental lot. Didn't they have problems when they got too hot?
Seems all the Delta Beehives had extra fans installed in the sides.

I'm glad you saved them! I had assumed all the Beehives were gone for ever!
Folks, please give us a warning (via the list) if you're ever thinking about
throwing things out... give us a chance to save them for historical
preservation!

Also, I wonder if the technical docs cover the escape sequences... I seem to
remember that the Beehives were not compatible with any standard (e.g.,
VT52, VT100, ANSI). It might be fun to write a Beehive emulator if we ever
get any of the Delta software running on the PDP-11 simulator. Didn't we
have Beehive versions of a system status display program (something-DPY)
and, of course, Beehive Star Trek? Funny, though, I can't remember if we
ever had a visual editor for the Beehives?

Bob