Re: terminal driver hacks

Rich Thomson wrote:

> I am having another faint memory of ^V (or perhaps some other control
> character) doing something like giving you a slight boost on your
> process priority?  Does that sound familiar to anyone?
> --
>                                                Rich Thomson
>                                                rthomson@ptc.com
I remember stealing passwords by repeated use of ^O.  You could hit it
over and over while dumping a large printout, and eventually the
terminall would start spewing stream of consiousness, parts of whatever
was being typed in all through the system and you watched for
passwords.  Eventually it degenerated to pure garbage and you had to do
it all over again.  We stole a lot of passwords that way.

Kendall